Is bread one of the bad foods for cholesterol? Here is the list of products to avoid.
you are worried about your cholesterol level In your body? This can be understood, the latter is so demonized in our time that many times it is synonymous with poor health, heart attack, etc. But, in reality it is still very little known and cholesterol does not get a good press, so it is necessary to explain what it really is. So let’s see what it is this lipid and that foods are bad for cholesterol long-term.
What is cholesterol? What is the difference between HDL and LDL?
To begin with, what is cholesterol? How distinguish HDL cholesterol from LDL cholesterol ? Cholesterol is a type of lipid, so bold produced by the liver. But it is also present in the foods we eat, those that are said to be “bad for cholesterol.” Be in good healthyou need cholesterol, but in excessmay be dangerous to you if you exceed a certain verifiable rate in a blood sample.
Cholesterol is transported in the blood by so-called “lipoproteins”: LDL (low-density lipoprotein) and low-density proteins, that is, HDL (High-density lipoprotein). Therefore, this cholesterol in your blood is calculated by the synthesis of HDL and LDL.
HDL cholesterol, also called good cholesterol it is deposited in the arteries and transported to the liver, which is responsible for its elimination. But also, it frees the arteries from bad lipid deposits, LDL for example. HDL is estimated to be 30% of the cholesterol present in the blood.
For its part, LDL, or bad cholesterolIt is present in many foods. It represents about 70% of the total content in the blood. It is he who tends to clog the arteries.
SEE ALSO: Does beer make you fat? The answer will surprise you!
Cholesterol Misconceptions: Debunking Prejudice
- No, cholesterol not only affects the obese people or overweight. Also, some people called obese have normal cholesterol levels.
- It can be done lower your cholesterol level readjusting their way of life (sports) and their diet.
- no you don’t have it is not necessary to ban all foods bad for cholesterol However, these should be consumed in small amounts, without excess to avoid health problems.
- Yes, cholesterol has the effect of clog arteries long-term and therefore can be dangerous over time.
- No, cholesterol not only affects the people of a certain age. It can affect both the youngest and the oldest. Simply put, it is more common to have high levels of cholesterol in the blood when you are older because of its accumulation over the years and because the body defends its territory less from the age of 40.
SEE ALSO: How many calories are in an apple?
Is bread one of the bad foods for cholesterol?
It is customary to believe that certain foods are bad for our health because they increase bad cholesterol in our blood. And, it is a reality. Bread, in particular, is famous for this, but is it true? Bread is actually loaded with cholesterol, but some breads are denser and more conducive to LDL cholesterol than others.
In particular the facts of saturated fats of animal origin such as milk, butter or eggs. This is the case of the Rollfor example, from sliced bread and white bread. In addition, for this reason it is more advisable to consume cereal bread and whole wheat bread.
But again, in small quantities. In general, avoid eating too much bread in one day. We recommend four slices maximum per day. It can be six with whole wheat bread, but not every day.
SEE ALSO: Why you shouldn’t eat too many eggs?
What foods are bad for cholesterol? Which ones to limit?
But then what are the foods to limit, which are bad for cholesterol? In general, tell yourself that you should eat everything, but not in excess. This is all the more true for these foods which are very strong in bad cholesterol. Here is a non-exhaustive list.
- Of dairy products made from animal milk, many foods should be limited for a day. We must, once again, not do without them, but limit them. For example: whole milk, fatty cheeses, butter, creams…
- the white bread, sliced bread, briocheetc.
- the Red meatthe Pork and the processed meats like sausages, cold cuts should also be limited.
- All the processed foods (cooked foods, cookies, cakes, etc.) should be limited because these foods contain bad cholesterol.
- Mayonnaise, but also the others sauces Egg and oil based.
- the fried food They are not recommended to lower your blood level because they have too much fat.
- the cakes and cakes.
- L’Palm oil, but sunflower, rapeseed and olive oils should also be limited. Palm oil in particular.
- the bud. In general, only one egg per meal consumed is recommended.
- the offal (liver, kidney, corns…).
SEE ALSO: The 5 Best Sports for Lazy People
What habits for a better cholesterol level?
- Replace your white foods with foods that are not bad for your cholesterol, made with wholemeal flour. Rice, pasta, whole wheat bread.
- don’t use too much fat per day, including oils. Avoid fried foods, products that are too buttery, too greasy, turnedtoo sweet.
- do something sport regularly for 20 minutes a day.
- consume more than vegetables, fiber and fruit. Steamed vegetables are especially recommended, for example.
#Bad #foods #cholesterol #avoid