Who says new Sunday says new panorama of the hopes of the Montreal Canadiens.
Without further ado, here is a report of the best performances of the hopes of the CH.
Lane Hutson – Lefty Defender – 18 years old
Once again, Lane Hutson stood out this week.
In fact, the Habs prospect has scored three goals in his last two games, including a 5-2 Boston University win over the University of Notre Dame and a 6-5 overtime loss in a game of exhibition against the United States Under-18 team.
In 13 NCAA games this season, Hutson has seven goals and eight assists for 15 points.
Let’s remember that he is a defender, and that last season he scored six USHL goals in 26 games.
Here are his two goals from Wednesday night.
We can see in this first goal how easy it is for Hutson to carry the puck and get into the opposite zone.
This tip from Lane 🤌
— BU Men’s Hockey (@TerrierHockey) November 23, 2022
Second goal of the night for Lane!
Second goal of the night for Lane!
— BU Men’s Hockey (@TerrierHockey) November 24, 2022
And here is his goal in the exhibition game.
“Lane Hutson does Lane Hutson stuff” https://t.co/4FstbFPSOD
— Habs Chronicle (@HabsChronicle) November 26, 2022
In short, Hutson currently dominates in the NCAA with Boston University, and this as an 18-year-old rookie.
Oliver Kapanen – Center – 19 years
Here’s one we rarely talk about and often forget about. Selected in 2021 in the second round (64th overall) by the Habs, Kapanen is doing very well this season in the Finnish Liiga as a 19-year-old center.
Last night he played a complete game being the most used player on his team with 20 minutes and 55 seconds of time on ice.
Kuopio’s KalPa beat Ässät de Porin 3-2, a victory in which Kapanen got an assist, his seventh of the season.
The CH prospect has 11 points (four goals and seven assists) in 23 games, which is very good for a 19-year-old in the Finnish Premier League.
Kapanen finished the game playing 21 minutes. He had 66 percent on his draws.
—Grant McCagg (@grantmccagg) November 26, 2022
Therefore, Kapanen remains a hope not to be taken lightly.
Connor Bedard – Center – 17 years
Here is another hope for the CH… eh no, let it happen: there isn’t any yet. Currently, CH is far from it with its performance since the start of the season.
It doesn’t matter, Bedard, he dominates, and this, at a hellish rate in the WHL.
Last night, he recorded a hat-trick, bringing his point total this season to 53 points (22 goals and 31 games) in 24 games.
These are two of his goals.
We scored so many goals in the first one that they stopped bothering with the replays ¯_(ツ)_/¯
—Regina Pats (@WHLPats) November 27, 2022
– Spitting Chiclets (@spittinchiclets) November 27, 2022
Since the start of the season, Bedard has assisted on 58% of the goals for his team, the Regina Pats, which is better than Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby in their respective draft years.
That doesn’t include tonight’s game. With a hat trick in Regina’s seven goals, she has “only” been in 43 per cent of the club’s goals so far tonight. Hopefully he can get it back.
—Grant McCagg (@grantmccagg) November 27, 2022
The dominance continues for Connor Bedard in the WHL… 53 points of his team’s 90 goals (58%)… Lemieux had 282 points of his team’s 527 goals in 1983-84 (54%)…@GagnonFrancois @stephgonzz@raphdoucet pic.twitter.com/uWg0FYFaW0
—Stephane Laberge (@sportslabs) November 27, 2022
In short, Bedard is simply too strong, and the NHL team lucky enough to draft him will have a generational superstar for many years to come.
Other notable performances
- Cédrick Guindon had four assists in two games this weekend. He now has nine goals and 23 assists for a total of 32 points in 23 games.
- Riley Kidney got an assist last night in the Acadie-Bathurst Titan’s 5-2 win over the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. Kidney has 10 points in his last five games, giving him 37 points (12 goals and 25 assists) in 23 games.
- Jared Davidson has three goals in his last two games, bringing his point total this season to 26 (11 goals and 15 assists) in 15 games.
- Sean Farrell had an assist in Harvard University’s 4-1 loss to the University of Michigan. He now has 13 points (four goals and nine assists) in nine games.
- Jakub Dobes had 33 saves this weekend in a 3-2 loss on Friday and a 4-1 win on Saturday over Ohio State University. Dobes is 9-6-1 this season with a .913 save percentage and a 2.31 goal average.
- Adam Engstrom may not have gotten a point in that streak, but he still made a great play on the blue line. It’s really a complete piece of the overall team game.
Rögle ticks-tac-toes his way to a beautiful goal involving the entire 5-man unit 🚨🏒
— Ice HockeyGifs (@IcehockeyG) November 27, 2022
A lot of
– Ranking of defensemen in 5 against 5 in the NHL.
– Ranking of expected goals of each NHL team at 5 out of 5.
5v5 Team xGoals For per 60 – November 27 pic.twitter.com/jVVMsHA67d
—JFresh (@JFreshHockey) November 27, 2022
– To follow.
— Tennis Canada (@TennisCanada) November 27, 2022
– Canadian fans in Qatar are ready!
– To watch.
Iran protests US movehttps://t.co/1twQfdqXu4
—RDS (@RDSca) November 27, 2022
#hopes #roundup #Lane #Hutson #scores #goals #games